I’ve made some significant progress tonight in getting the new WordPress installation up and running. There are still some issues with the content from the migration that need to be addressed. We did manage to migrate all the comments so I’m very happy about that. This evening I managed to get AdSense setup and running along with Feedburner. I also setup the Google sitemap and added this site in the Google Webmaster Center.
I still need to redirect visitors from Blogger over to this site. That might take some time and testing.
Update: July 2, 2008
I’ve finally added the redirection code from Blogger to this site. It seems to be working but there are a few URLs that are not redirecting properly so I’ll need to “fix” that. I’ve also submitted changes to Google Webmaster tools and changed the robots.txt file to block the search engines from indexing the old site. I’ll just need to wait for the search engines to index the new site.
Update: July 18, 2008
I’ve added a WordPress plugin called WP-Polls that will allow me to conduct some basic polls. I’ve also had to play with the CSS style sheets to try and clean up some formatting issues. It’s a sure way to learn CSS/XML by getting your hands dirty fast. I’m fairly happy with the current design of the site and the quality of the content. I’m still patiently waiting for some of the more popular search engines to catch up with the fact that I’ve moved.