I’ve decided to make the jump… to my own domain. I’ll be using GoDaddy for now along with WordPress. I’m currently in the process of migrating the content from Blogger to WordPress. Once I’m happy with the content I’ll setup a redirect from Blogger to my new domain.
If you would like to have a preview try this http://blog.michaelfmcnamara.com.
On a different note my trusty Dell 1.4Mhz Pentium 4 8200 (purchased in 2002) appears to be finally on it’s last legs. So I’ll need to either purchase a new machine or build a new machine from scratch. Here are the components I’m thinking of using;
- Antec Mini P180 Case
- Antec NeoPower 550 Power Supply
- ASUS P5Q LGA 775 Intel P45 Motherboard
- Intel Core 2 Duo Quad Q6600
- Corsair Dominator 4GB DDR2 1055 (PC2 8500)
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA Hard Disk
- EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR GeForce 8800GT 512MB Video Card
- Samsung 20x DVD+-R Burner SATA
- Microsoft Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium
I’ve priced these components on NewEgg and they come in just around $1,000.00. I’m trying to build a machine that isn’t bleeding edge but will last the test of time. I would welcome any thoughts or suggestions.