I’m starting to feel like a little web publishing company given all the steps I’ve had to go through in order to get myself off Blogger and over to WordPress. Don’t get me wrong I’ve kind of enjoyed the trip as I can now say I know more than I ever thought possible about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and how Google, Yahoo and Live all index sites. I’ve also gotten a chance to hack up the CSS stylesheet for this blog, changing the colors and fonts trying to make the site easier on the eyes (the original font color was too light and very hard on the eyes after reading for a while). There’s quite a bit more to be done but we’re well on our way. You might notice that I’ve finally managed to get Google to remove all search results for my old Blogger account (michaelfmcnamara.blogspot.com). Hopefully over the next few weeks Google will start to index the content on this site. I really don’t care how high or low I show up on a search result but if people can’t find the stuff I put out there than what’s the point of writing it.
A few folks have asked about GoDaddy…. so far so good. Although I did have a brief problem with the MySQL server which seemed to resolve itself in about 30 minutes. And I must say that I’m liking WordPress more and more each day, especially coupled with Microsoft’s Live Writer. Although I don’t know that I’m completely content with Live Writer, so the search continues.
What would you guys and gals like to hear about? I’m probably going to write a detailed article on how to configure two core ERS 8600 for IST/SMLT providing all the CLI commands. It seems there are a lot of folks out there struggling with that topic.
Update: Saturday 19, 2008
I spent a few hours last night and today exploring the CSS styles and cleaning up a few things. I noticed that a Internet Explorer was hanging on my recent article, Domain Name Server Patch. It seems that I had inadvertently copied the <style> tags from the RedHat HTML document and pasted them into my article. While Firefox (my primary web browser) would display the page without issues, Internet Explorer would download the entire page but stop displaying the page when it hit the <style> tags. I also added a poll feature to the blog… looking for some feedback folks.