Avaya has released software 6.1.7 for the Ethernet Routing Switch 5500/5600 series switches.
As you may recall there were some serious issues with 6.1.6 software (still surprised the software wasn’t pulled by Avaya) which now appear to have been resolved in wi00879571. Thanks to @svl0r for bringing this fix to our attention.
The following issues have been resolved with this software release;
- The switch did not learn MAC address of the format xx:59:xx:xx:xx:xx (wi00870509).
- It was not possible to give an IP address to the switch with the last octet of “0” (wi00872987).
- Stack instability resulting from upgrade to 6.1.6 (from 5.0.8) through 6.0.0.004 with VLACP enabled is now
- Switch is stuck in reboot loop due to CLI Password Telnet Radius setting in configuration file (wi00873593).
- 5600 v6.1.2 ports became unresponsive; the ports in this situation would not transmit data and the “dropped on
no resources “counter kept incrementing (wi00854625).
- HCInMulticastPkt counter was incorrect (wi00858797).
- Stack failure with SW Exception: Task tVLACP, Typ e Data Access, PC 0x00e1f1cc, SP 0x0744bdc0 is resolved
in this release (wi00904011).
- When autosave was disabled, non base units did not properly save configuration under certain conditions
- Stack failure logging Software Exception Task Name “tMCMgr” has been addressed (wi00895189).
As always please consult the release notes for all the details.