Avaya has released UNIStim firmware 5.3 for their IP deskphones;
- 0621C8J for the 2007 IP deskphone
- 0623C8J, 0624C8J, 0625C8J, 0627C8J, 0626C8J for the 1110, 1120E, 1140E, 1150E and 1165E IP deskphones
- 062AC8J for the 1200 series IP deskphones
As always I recommend you review the release notes for all the details.
This release includes the following enhancements;
- LLDP Advertisement on PC port
- Support for new audio profile configuration option through Zero Touch Provisioning to support Australian/New Zealand S004 audio standard (applies to 1165E only)
- Support for BCM to IP Office migrations to upgrade IP Deskphones from UNIStim to SIP (1120E, 1140E, 1220, 1230 IP Deskphones only)
I noticed the following warning concerning Avaya’s (formerly Nortel) Contact Recording and Quality Monitoring (CRQM) if you are using Secure Calling;
IMPORTANT NOTE: If a customer is using secure call recording with Avaya Call Recorder (ACR) then they should not upgrade to UNIStim 5.3 until an ACR patch (101055) is available and the functionality is enabled by updating a specific entry in the ACR 10.1 properties file. Note the 101055 patch for ACR10.1 is Generally Available, however, the default operation with this patch applied is to NOT enable the new functionality. Therefore if a customer site is using UNIStim 5.3 and secure call recording, then a specific entry needs to be added into the ACR 10.1 properties file which enables the new functionality. The specific string that needs to be entered will be published once system level regression testing is completed, expected later this month. At that time, this Product Bulletin will be updated.